GT6 questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 questions
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:19:42 -0600
Hi,

I am hoping to be in the position to start working on the 68 GT6 I
purchased.  The manual suggests removing the transmission and the engine
at the same time.  Is this the easiest way?  Can it be done without
taking off the bonnet?  The transmission was rebuilt about 2,000 miles
ago so it doesn't need to come out unless it is the best way.  I took
the engine out of my Spitfire without messing with the bonnet, but the
engine is shorter.

I was thinking about using a rear window from a 70 that has a defroster
grid in it.  I have read that a heated rear window was an option for the
68, but I haven't seen any wiring diagrams or switches for it.   So, I
am wondering, was it really an option and is it worth messing with?  The
rear window has to come out anyway for painting.

Thanks,

Roger Elliott