Re: Stud problems

To: "Andre Rousseau" <andrer@mac.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stud problems
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 07:30:00 -0800
Hi Andre,

Been there.  You can buy a nut splitter at any auto parts store.  It slips
over the lug nut and you tighten a bolt that drives a cutter into the nut
until it splits apart.  Very simple operation and a nice tool to have in your
kit for a few bucks.  It claims to not damage the stud, but I found that the
threads on my stud were damaged a bit and opted to replace it anyway since the
splines were shot to begin with.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net