Re: cuts, c-hoovers and carbs

To: "Richard Gosling" <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>,
Subject: Re: cuts, c-hoovers and carbs
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:45:45 -0500
> They can do more than you can do at home, if only because they have lots
of
> expensive equipment.  Whether the extra they can do is worth the money is
> another matter - for all but racers, probably not.

I have stopped taking my cars to professional mech- a-nicks long since, as
they usually whine and cry about having to work on "points, condensers, and
rock technology". I have told them my opinion of cars with computers and
fuel injection(which can you get to get moving again when you have a
problem by the highway- the one with the points that can be cleaned and
gapped with a match book, or the one with the $300.+ computer which has just
fried, turning your state of the art 2001 Lexus into so many thousands of $
worth of junk till its carcass is dragged off the road and repaired?) (I
have a similar opinion of the computers they are putting in the deli section
at my beloved Wawa convenience stores here. Stupid crap designed to
de-personalize the service so they can get rid of people and increase the
ever-lovin' m-f'ing profit margin. I usually "black list" the stores that
demand I use them, and stop shopping there. One man protest.)

Anyway, now that I'm off rant mode, I usually reserve the paid part swappers
for major dirty difficulties I'd rather not mess with, or extreme problems.
Tuning? Do it yourself. With a little practice, you'll get it nice.

Scott