Re: Sorry, non TR question, Yahoo question

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Sorry, non TR question, Yahoo question
From: Ben Miller <no1-bronco-fan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:26:16 -0800
Barry,

I would recommend simply turning off javascript in your browser. In explorer 4.0
it's buried in the "Internet Options" settings. In Netscape simply click the
"Edit" pull-down, click "Preferences", select "Advanced" from the resultant
dialog box and uncheck "Enable javascript".

I surf without java, javascript or cookies, with a VERY few exceptions. These
things are used be site managers to gater information about your system and
personal information (mailing lists etc...) about you that you have stored on
your PC. Be sure the site is trustworthy before turning these settings on.

For M$IE users, cookies, javascript and ActiveX can be combined to do some VERY
nasty things to you including but not limited to taking files from your hard
drive, reading personal information from your PC, even taking control of your
PC.
And Billy wants us all to believe that M$ products are benevelant. Yeah, right!

Ben Miller
--
-Denver Broncos football is not life and death. It's way more important than
that!-