Re: GT6 timing curves? (knocking)

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 timing curves? (knocking)
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:40:31 -0500
Back when I was a teenager, my parents had a series of 1970
Ford Torino station wagons with 351 V8 engines.  It was easy
to produce some knocking by simply flooring it while going up
a hill on a hot day.  But those cars were a lot smoother and quieter
than a Spit...

I have been thinking of building a small microcontroller-based
electronic ignition unit, with a knob that would let me adjust
the timing while driving.  Then I could quickly find the "sweet spot"
for best power without knocking.  Or maybe I could rig up a
temporary mechanical adjustment (something like a choke
cable), sort of like really old cars had.

Doug