Re: Intermittent poor running

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Intermittent poor running
From: jblair@exis.net
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:53:21 -0400
As several have suggested it could be a bad coil.

Howard Allen said "Electrical connections may be affected
by heat (expansion) open condition, but that is a long shot."

Since it is intermittant, it could very easily be electrical
in nature.  If found several very interesting electrical
problems on so of the cars I've worked on.  I had one car
a 64 B with symptoms similar to yours.  It turned out to be
a very loose connection of the low tension lead to the dist.

When everything was steady, it made connection, but when you
accelerated, the eng. would rock and the connection would
disconnect.  Then when things settled down again, the
connection would make again.

So check all electrical connections.  Pull on every wire
that is crimped to a connector.

John