RE: Hello Again!

To: "'Michael Hargreave Mawson'" <OC@46thFoot.com>,
Subject: RE: Hello Again!
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:58:03 +0100
Mike wrote:

>>  I must confess
>>that I have bought my sisters Fiat Uno off her, so Daffy will be relieved
>>from her daily driving duties when the really fierce weather turns up, and
>>if she's really lucky she will even get a garage to rest in!
>
>That seems rather defeatist.   I doubt that there are any road
>conditions that a Fiat Uno can cope with that Daffy cannot.

I have had a couple of scary moments on slippery surfaces in RWD cars, and
have found FWD to feel more secure in those conditions.  Also, if the snow
gets deep, the increased ground clearance will help, as will skinnier tyres
to cut through the snow.  However, the main benefit is for Daffy's sake -
the damp climate up here is bound to accelerate the dreaded rust, and salted
roads would only make that worse.

There are other benefits - when Daffy goes for major surgery (such as her
new windscreen surround) I will have something to drive...  and with a
second child on the way, I will have to face up to the fact that Daffy will
not always be big enough to meet my needs!

I'm glad to hear the weather is just as miserable down your way, at least
I'm not missing out on anything!  BTW, did you ever find that chromed trim
strip for the back of your hardtop?

Best wishes,

Richard & Daffy