security

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: security
From: "James Carruthers" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:44:50 +0100
Security is a concern of mine - as it seems very easy to hot wire a spitfire.

Im considering getting an immobiliser or alarm - Im going to find out how much
cheaper my insurance will be first though.

Obviously it isnt Thatcham approved but has anybody ever tried anything like
this:

http://www.autospeed.com/A_0059/page1.html

It seems like quite a good idea for a kill switch, which was discussed on the
group a few weeks/months ago.

It uses a reed switch - which I think is inspired as you can put it pretty
much undetectable anywhere.

It might be quite nice to built this very simple circuit whilst I save up for
an alarm.

James

www.jecd.co.uk/flash/