Re: covers

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: covers
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:35:55 +0100 (BST)
Hmmm, sent this twice yesterday but the message did not get through so
trying again...

James

You could get a cheapish hard top from spitfire graveyard or  similar
scrap yard.  Chances are it won't look pretty but will do the job of
keeping you dry in winter!  My hard top hardly leaks at all - occasional
small srip from top of the window posts in very heavy rain.  I would be
cautious(sp?) about using covers becuase if your car is already wet then
the cover could trap moisture inside.  I'd say your best bet is to go for
cheap but servicable hard top.

cheers
John

 --- James Carruthers <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk> wrote: > unfortunatly
Im going to have to keep my spitfire (when I get it)