the search continues... paint reacting.

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: the search continues... paint reacting.
From: "James Carruthers" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:11:45 +0100
hi everyone,

I just saw another car today. As some of you know this is part of my quest to
join this group properly and get myself a spitfire.

Anyway - it was in great condition - the interior was fantastic. Underneath
was good - if a little dry - needs waxoyling. No rust anywhere - apart from a
small amount on the boot lid. However the paintwork had small cracks where it
had "reacted" - im not looking for a concours condition car and would be happy
to drive around for a while with small cracks in the paint (I'd cover over
them with some sort of touch up first!) until my funds permit a respray - is
it going to continue to react? the guy painted the car himself after resoting
it five years ago. also there were some stress cracks around the front
lights.

as usual, any comments?

james

just thinking, these people whose car's i have been looking at may be reading
this.........  hi!

btw. i am deeply sad - as everyone is about the events yesterdays events in
new york and washington. my only feelings on the subject are "less haste" - it
seems america is now all to keen to jump in to a war. my only concern is what
kind of "war" this is going to be........