Re: The plot thickens -- Was: Killed my Mk3's electrical system

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The plot thickens -- Was: Killed my Mk3's electrical system
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:13:16 -0600
>Hello again,
>
>Well, as these cars are wont to do, everything magically started

working
>again on my '70 Mk3. I believe that the problem did not, in fact,

stem from
>the ammeter installation; rather, the ground cable from the

battery to the
>transmission bellhousing was separating. After tightening that up

for the
>drive down to the parts store for a new one, the car again

started and ran
>great. And then...

They only want to lull you into a false sense of "Look! I've
healed myself!"-but, they never heal themselves...

<Snip>
> It looks like removing the dash is the best

approach to
>success. Anyway, one of these days everything will work on this

car. For now,
>it's time to clean up that mess left by the fire extinguisher...

Yeah, I would take the dash out-it's a wren of wires back there.
One of the listers had a good schematic on the internet
somewhere-Anyone?

>Adam
>'70 Spitfire Mk3 (currently resting)
>'94 Alfa Romeo 164LS

Mmmm...mmmmm...love your taste in cars-really!

Laura G. and "Nigel"