Re: Taps and Dies

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Taps and Dies
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 07:35:36 +0100
In article <003401c12c7f$f31a7270$cf240e0a@bankofny.com>, Philip
Willcocks <p_willcocks_list@yahoo.com> writes
>Chronos are very good - and just up the road from me!.
>You could also try http://www.machinemart.co.uk

Nice one.   Machine Mart offer:

CHT301 Clarke 19-Pce Tap & Die Set
For automotive & general mechanical workshop use, this 19 piece tap &
die set made from high quality tungsten steel serves to create and
repair popular UNF threads.
 5 Tap & Die sets from 1/4"-28 to 1/2"-20
 1" OD split dies
 Supplied with tap wrench, die handle, T-handle tap wrench & SAE screw
pitch gauge.
 All neatly presented in a metal storage case.
 Product Code: 040210301

All for GBP17.95 + VAT

I doubt I am going to do much better than that, so I have placed an on-
line order.   Thanks for the lead.

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"