Re: Wanted: Bottle Reader

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wanted: Bottle Reader
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:54:06 -0400
>From: Jeff Gruber <jgruber@demainsoft.com>
>
>You would believe that I put 5w20 oil in my newly, semi-rebuilt motor
>without realizing the mistake?
>
>>Does anyone have any idea what damage I may have done to the motor?

Surely none. I mean even if you caused wear at an accelerated
rate of 10X, it's still only the equivalent of 1500 miles.

Wasn't a lighter oil used in new cars for break-in years ago by
most mfg with an oil change done at 1000 miles?  Anyone recall?

Modern oils are so good and so versatile that I'm sure you're fine.

Congrats on getting it back on the road!

Greg Rowe