young drivers and their contricution(s)

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: young drivers and their contricution(s)
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:05:22 -0500
I've missed most of this thread.  However, I thought you might be interested to
know that I co-founded the TDC Manitoba 11 years ago at the age of 22.  Largely
in frustration at the lack of info/parts/ costs (remember the dying days of the
BL network?), and being a broke University student, the TDC was a natural.

We now number over 50.  I have made many great friends solely based on the love
of skinned knuckles and the smell of oil burning on the overrun.  Many of the
"old farts" in the club are former Wpg Sports Car Club members - this was the
club founded in 1952 for sports car racing and trials - and have stayed at the
vintage car level.  I am also involved in the WSCC in its present form... there
are younger racers doing as I did  with the TDC, and older racers returning to
the thrill of the sport.

Whoever has said that our hobby requires more than a love of the looks of our
cars was right.  They sure aren't the equal of even my Honda Civic in terms of
economy, performance, or handling.  But without a soul, the Honda is just an
appliance  :)

Dave Terrick
Winnipeg

PS:  I will be visiting my sister in the San Fran area (Foster City) from the
17th to the 27th of July.  Anything happening?  This will be my first trip to
Ca.