Rear Axle

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Axle
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 00:52:23 -0400
Here is a simple question....

I have just discovered the differential in my Herald is actually a Spitfire
Mk. 2 differential.  The serial number is FC81397. I recently received the
bearings for the differential, but am now unsure the new ones are the correct
ones for the diffy. The reason I wonder about this is that the ones on the
output flanges(the ones the axles bolt to) are about 1/8" smaller than the new
ones. Could this be because of the Herald/Spitfire difference? Or did they
just send incorrect parts? I know the seals are the same for both, but I am
unsure about the bearings.

Please, if anyone can help, drop me a note. Thanks,
Scott