Anyone looking for a project?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anyone looking for a project?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:16:07 -0700
Fellow listers, I received an e-mail from a gent named Dave Lewis in Florence,
AZ (about 60 mi East of Phoenix.  He read my site and asked me to pass the
word about his '79 Spitfire for sale.  NFI and I haven't even seen pictures of
the car, but here's the info Dave provided and his e-mail in case anyone is
interested:

"I have a 1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500 that I want to sell.  I was going to
restore it but I got into Jeep restorations and that interest out weighs the
Triumph project.  This car doesn't have any rust.  The body is in real good
shape, only has some minor dings.  The engine was rebuilt just before I got it
at a cost of around $1800.  It now has less than 2,000 miles on the new
engine.  The breaks need to be gone through, and it has some wiring problems.
I started the engine about 3 months ago by hot wiring it.  It sounds good but
I think the Carb should be redone because it has been sitting for about two
years now and is kinda gunked up.  There is no top.  The front cowl has been
replaced sometime down the line and who ever did the work on it sanded it down
with a power sander and did a real poor job so it needs to be stripped and
redone.
     If you are aware of anyone who may be looking for a project Triumph
please pass on this information.  I will let it go for $800 as is.  Pictures
are available if needed.
     If you write back please use the following E mail Address:
SpurDAL@aol.com"

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
home of the FREE Totally Triumph Auction
The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- organized, illustrated, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi