Re: Carb cutout at 2000 RPM

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb cutout at 2000 RPM
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:14:04 -0400
Did you double check the float settings?  It sounds like the
fuel bowl is running dry.

I had a similiar problem once when a small piece off the inside
of the fuel line traveled up to the carb and partially blocked
the needle valve.  The car would run out of fuel and die after
a couple of minutes; in the mean time, the fuel bowl would refill
and the car would restart.  It took me FOREVER to figure it out...

Good luck

Greg Rowe