Body Tub Rotisserie

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Body Tub Rotisserie
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:18:23 -0700
I've heard of people using engine stands for body tub supports with other
cars, and even heard passing references to rotisseries in general for
Spitfires, but never have I seen photos or any articles on how to do it.
No details.  Do a search on the Internet and you keep running into the same
three pages about it.

That didn't help.

So after coming to the point on my Mk III where I needed to start work on
the chassis part of the restoration, I realized that I would have to
fabricate a rotisserie myself for the body tub and while I was at it,
document the whole affair for others to follow for reference.

I give you the Body Tub Rotisserie, made of two engine stands and can be
built for less than $150.  If you have a welder, it can be a simple
project, but you can also assemble the entire thing out of bolts if you
wish as well.

http://www.ponypics.com/spitfire/rotisserie.html

I hope to get this up on several sites since it really benefits everyone.
Let me know what you think, Spitsters!

-Vegaman Dan
 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |