Re: I need a Relay

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I need a Relay
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 11:52:02 -0400
I would expect that the PDWA lamp circuit would work without the relay
in place.  What you would lose is the bulb check function on initial
startup.  If you rewire to the earlier scheme you get the bulb check
back but the trade off is an oil pressure lamp that only gets 6 volts.
Kinda dim. :-(  If you don't require something that looks stock you
can get the function with other relay types.

Anyway...here's two diagrams for you to compare:

http://web.meganet.net/~tomomalley/spitpr76.jpg
http://web.meganet.net/~tomomalley/spitpr75.jpg

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley