EGR plumbing?

To: <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: EGR plumbing?
From: rtgetzinger@scif.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 9:23:55 PDT
My '74 was officially certified a gross polluter. The EGR is always open due
to constant vacuum. One picture showed the EGR vacuum line going around to
the small pipe that exits from behind the choke cam, left side of carb? The
EGR should have no vacuum at idle or EGR closed, at 2500 rpm's there should
be vacuum or EGR open and allowing exhaust gas to recirculate back into the
intake manifold.
Mine is constantly allowing recirculation and causes rough running,
overheating and gross polluter emissions.
I also have an anti-run on valve that is tee'd into the same vacuum line as
the EGR, both get vacuum from the left side vacuum outlet on the intake
manifold. When I plug that line it runs smooth, connect and it runs rough.
What is the proper plumbing of the EGR and the Anti-run on valve?
Thanks,      Rob