Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] RE: { NASS } New dashboard - gauge??

To: <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] RE: { NASS } New dashboard - gauge??
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 16:27:26 -0400
The oil press / water temp gauge is the standard Smiths
unit out there. The beauty of it, for a Spitfire, simply
acquire
(from the catalogs) the temp sensor adapter for the 1275cc
MG Midget engine block and the gauge sender (adapter)
bolts right into the 1500 block.

I'll try and post pics (to Whitey's pages)  Sunday if the
rain stops.
of the gauge and plumbing.

The aftermarket Sunpro oil gauge kit (a few brass fittings
and the tube for the press gauge)  will bolt right onto
the back of the stock Smith's gauge. I used a small o-ring
rather than the stock leather washer where the pipe meets
the gauge.

I got the gauge, almost brand new condition on EBay for
about
$76 including S/H.  (third one I've bought on EBay none over
$85)

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com