Holy Tune Up Bat Man

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Holy Tune Up Bat Man
From: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:04:35 -0400
Last night I got an excellent lesson in tuning my GT6's inline six.

Here is what was wrong.
1. Points were shoot, so we cleaned them up and re-gapped them as best
as we could. I will have to replace them soon.

2. Carbs were tuned. That was interesting, one bank was running lean and
the other was rich.
You can guess how this affected performance. I learned how to tune the
carbs visually and using a tube to listen to the air flow. Now they run
nice and equal.

3. The vac. advance was disable, well it was not working. This had an
interesting side effect.
The tach was about 500 rpm off, so when I tuned them the first time I
set it to 1000 rpm, which was only 500. Explains why she shock like hell
8;)

Now the car is happy, on a side note it looks like my throttle linkage
is shorting me on power, I'm going to fix that ASAP. I want all my
power...

Nice thing the car does not run so rich so I can go back to higher end
fuel.

Bring on the summer!

Andre Rousseau
'68 GT6 Mk1
Ottawa, Ontario
http://www.gt6.n3.net/
"You can't tailgate what you can't catch!"