Re: Dropping the Front End.

To: <frandrum@voicenet.com>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dropping the Front End.
From: "D T Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 20:05:33 -0500
Frank, Taking the wishbones and spring out isn't a
hard problem at all but I think removing the
spring/shock unit is easier. Undo three nuts(7/16)
on top of shock unit and one bolt on bottom. Wiggle
it out.The a-arms come off the frame just as
easy.Two bolts each where they connect to the
frame. I don't see much need to take the brackets
off the frame. The camber *should* stay the same
this way. While your doing this work check the
trunnions for wear. Also rebush ANYTHING rubber
with polyurethane bushings. I bought mine from Ted
Schumacher. Good luck and have fun!!!
            Dave