Re: idea

To: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: idea
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 17:59:14 -0400
At 04:27 PM 5/17/01 , you wrote:

>ok, here is something I'm thinking, is it possible my battery is boiling?

If it was really boiling, I would expect it to be hot...

I actually this problem last year:  I would notice a little
puddle of acid under the battery, and sometimes some on
the top, near the caps.  I concluded that it was somehow
splattering out from the caps.  The charging voltage
was OK, so I knew it was not overcharging.

The battery was only 4 years old, but it had spent a lot of time in
a run-down state, and would only run the headlights for half an hour or so
before the car would no longer start.

So I gave up on it and bought a new one at Wal-mart for $39 or so.
(Consumer Reports "best buy").

The fluid leakage problem promptly went away.

Doug

///