Engine bay valances

To: rtgetzinger@scif.com
Subject: Engine bay valances
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 05:56:46 -0700
>Hey Barry, I was noticing in a picture of your car that you do not use the
>valences in your 2.8 Spit. Is that right? Any problems on the rare occasion
>it does rain down there?
************************************
Rob,
Well, the only time I don't drive it is when it rains (and the rare
occasion that I take the GT6 out), too much power, too many idiots.  I take
the truck on those days. Even so I wouldn't think there would be any
problems.  My GT6 has the stock valances, and I don't notice a lot of
splashes on those but then again I don't drive it in the rain either.
After all you do have the inner fender wells there.  Its' easy to forget
that when they swing up out of the way, and all you see is tire.  I have
however thought of making up a set of valances just to clean up the engine
bay a bit.  I just haven't found the time -  besides, the ignition and
electricals are way up high on the engine, all waterproof connectors, the
ignition module is on the firewall shelf, and the computer is hidden, up
under the dash on the passenger side

///