Battery acid

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery acid
From: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:18:19 -0400
Well tonight I found that my battery is leaking acid, yikes.

I have removed the battery and cleaned the area to the best as I can.
What is the best way to clean the acid up to ensure none is left over.

Should I use a shop as a base to knock out the stuff?

On a good note, I had painted the battery box area with some rust paint
so it prevented any acid from going anywhere. And I was lucky too find
it today, I make a point of checking under the hood before and after a
trip.

Thanks

a.

Andre Rousseau