Re: Weber DGV Economy and Return Spring

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Economy and Return Spring
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:12:29 -0400
On the SUs on my car, there are SIX total return springs!

1: One on the gas pedal.
2: One on the linkage between the carbs.
3,4: Two on the linkages between the center linkage and the throttle shafts.
5,6: Two on the throttle shafts themselves.

Talk about redundancy!
Actually the system is quite well designed, in my opinion.
But you have to make sure that all the various linkages
have the right clearances...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

At 05:18 PM 5/16/01 , you wrote:

>Patrick,
>There is supposed to be a spring there!  Both my Spits have it.  But it is not
>supposed to return the carb to it's idle position as much as return the
>pedal to the up position.  You actually need both.  (or in my case, one on the
>pedal and one each on the DCOE's)
>
>Joe

///