Re: Weber DGV sputtering

To: D T Gebhard <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV sputtering
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 22:54:54 -0400
Hi Dave.

It sounds like it is running lean at the transition point into the secondary.

You mentioned that you have a jet kit but don't list the jet numbers. I suggest
you take them out and jot down the numbers (you may need a magnifying glass).
Don't forget the emulsion tubes. Then refer to the list of jets on Paul Tegler's
web site. The only change I made was to the primary idle jet as the idle mixture
couldn't be adjusted out of lean. I replaced the 50 with a 60 and all is well.
But the idle jet is unlikely to be your problem.

Changing to a larger bore exhaust may have allowed the engine to breath easier,
and you may need to adjust the jetting to correct a lean condition.

I have installed an Oxygen sensor and gauge just so I know how things are
running. That is how I learned about the very lean condition at idle. Through
the rest of the range, the mixture is running about as expected.

Are you running a pressure regulator? If it is set too low, you may be short on
fuel. I doubt this is the case as you would also have problems at full throttle.

I hope someone responds who has more experience than I. I just got mine running
and I am no expert.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario

http://www.vicwhit.com

D T Gebhard wrote:

> sputter,sputter,sputter around the 1800-2500 RPM
> range at which point it smoothes out. The Weber has
> a performance jet kit from Top End Performance. My
> first instinct is that the float isn't allowing
> enough gas flow. Any thoughts????

///