Mk1 vs Mk2 seat frames?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mk1 vs Mk2 seat frames?
From: "MICHAEL C ROSS" <mikeross@Prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 20:39:00 -0400
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the Mk1 vs the Mk2 seat frame?
Also, will the Mk1 seat foams and covers fit the Mk2 frame.  I've gotten
conflicting information on this and would like to know before investing in a
set of foams and covers.

The bottom open frame of the seats in my newly acquired Mk1 Spitfire look just
like the ones in my Mk2.  However, I recently saw a set of seat frames
supposedly from a Mk1 which looked different.  These frames had an open bottom
frame that was flat when looking from the side.  My frames are curved up
slightly at the rear near where the base meets the back.

TRF said that if my seats were from a Mk2, the Mk1 seat foams wouldn't fit.  A
book I have though, "Triumph Spitfire and GT6, A Guide to Originality" by John
Thomason, states that the Mk1 and Mk2 seats were the same.

I'd sure like to know from someone who has recovered theirs.

Thanks in advance,

Mike          http://pages.prodigy.net/mikeross

63 Mk1 Spitfire
66 Mk2 Spitfire
68 Mk3 Spitfire (donor body tub for GT6 convertible)
69 GT6+          (donor chassis for GT6 convertible)
70 GT6+

///