RE: Lightest Car?

To: dmitchel <dmitchel@ford.com>
Subject: RE: Lightest Car?
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 10 May 2001 06:10:27 -0500
Sorry - right figure, wrong units, I meant 1612 lb!!

Glad to hear Lotus is planning to treating you lot to the Elise - it's a superb
 car!  For such a light-weight car it is stunningly strong, as it is made of
 aluminium extrusions bonded (i.e. glued) together.  You should see the
 aluminium tub - it is a work of art in it's own right!  So hopefully crash
 testing should passable.

Richard and Daffy

dmitchel@ford.com on 10May2001 11:59 AM