Re: Weber DGV venting the crankcase.

To: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Weber DGV venting the crankcase.
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 10:00:46 -0400
Scott,

Putting the PCV valve anywhere when you are connecting to the air filter won't
do any good. It won't make any difference if it is there or not. The problem
stems from the lack of vacuum. There is none at the air filter. To  get the
vacuum you have to run the hose to a good source of vacuum, and that is the
intake manifold. There is no better place, in fact no other place with a Weber
DGV, to do it.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario

http://www.vicwhit.com

HD883HUGGR@aol.com wrote:

> Bob & Vic (and now Tim): Just to air the thread for the masses: I've been
> following your stories, and as you know I also suffer(ed) from excessive
> crankcase pressure.  I just installed a PCV valve where a straight hose used
> to be: connecting VC to air cleaner.  I've not put any miles on Hobbs since
> the installation due to work (dumb concept, but necessary to finance the
> toys), but wonder if the PCV valve into the intake (as opposed to into the
> air cleaner) will have the same positive results.  Any suggestions?

///