Re: Vacuum Retard Part II

To: Larry Elswick <sos@kymtnnet.org>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vacuum Retard Part II
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 21:52:35 -0400
If you can find a vacuum advance unit that:

1: Still works.
2: Is compatible with the carbs.
3: Fits on the distributor.

by all means install it.  Good luck, heh, heh, heh!!

Actually, the traditional vacuum advance is mainly
an economy measure, you get more efficiency at part throttle
(cruising conditions) because of the extra advance.

As long as you adjust the timing right, it should run OK without
any vacuum advance.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

At 09:00 PM 5/8/01 , you wrote:

>I disconnected the vacuum line from
>the intake manifold as recommended.
>This cured my WOT misfire that I thought
>was a carb problem - Thanks! My question
>is, do I just leave it disconnected or replace it with
>an advance unit? I'm running twin HS-4's on a 76
>Spit with a Lucas 45 DE 4 distributor. Thanks!
>Larry

///