Re: It's still alive (sort of)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It's still alive (sort of)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 19:17:18 +0100
In article <"001C83AF7EC4303B*/c=us/admd=  /prmd=Cat/o=NOTES/s=Gosling/g
=Richard/i=B/"@MHS>, Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
writes

>Brian Wrote:
>...it was so hip to take my 13 yo son and then my 6 yo son for short rides, top
> down of course, on a cloudless, azure sky. Not too shabby.
>
>and Ray wrote:
>...I took my 9 year old daughter out for a glorious ride from our house to the
> Texas Motor Speedway.
>
>You don't even have to be that old to appreciate a Spitfire...
>
>My daughter is almost 20 months old...
>she has started to prefer Daffy to my wifes car ('88 Audi 100 Quattro
> Avant) - when we go out to drive somewhere she always walks towards Daffy and
> stands expectantly beside the passenger door, and has even cried a little when
> led by the hand towards Quentin (Quentin the Quattro!) instead.

>Then it came to me - the change has co-incided with me picking her up from
> nursery a few times with the top down!  Even at that age, my daughter loves
> roof-less motoring!

The first few times I collected Charles (now aged five and one month)
from school, he would greet me with, "Oh, no!   Not the SPITFIRE!!"
This was back in February.

Then I took him for a spin with the top down.   His former predilection
for "the white car" (a dirty great Saab) has evaporated!

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001:

///