Tranny and rear end oil

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com,
Subject: Tranny and rear end oil
From: Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 07:03:49 -0700
I'm actually going to work on my Spit this weekend, and one of the things
I'm going to do, while I have the insides out, is change the tranny oil.
Will do the read end at the same time.

What's the consensus regarding synthetic vs. regular tranny fluid?  I
read recently that I should put Extreme Pressure Oil in the tranny, is
that true?  I have a 1979, four speed without OD.

Thanks,

Brad