Spit Database addition

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit Database addition
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 06:13:45 +0100
In article <3AF095C6.2F899A99@gte.net>, Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
writes

>May's upload has been completed and over 100 new entries were added since last
>month.  Currently, I am only 11 cars short of having 8000 listed.
>
>Take a look!  http://home1.gte.net/spitlist/index.html

Joe,

I sort of have details of another car for the database.   Trouble is,
there's no commission number plate present:

'74-'75 Spitfire 1500
Registration: JNM 192N
Original Colour: Saffron Yellow
Present Colour: Dark Blue
Present Location: Silsoe, Bedfordshire
Present Condition: stripped for parts

This car was a runner until the day before I returned from my holidays;
it had been left behind by a student at the Research Institute where I
work, and a decision was taken to dispose of it while I was away.   By
the time I became aware of it, it was sitting *underneath* a Ford Escort
(also abandoned by a Ph.D. student), with its bonnet, engine,
transmission, dashboard and seats removed.   What was left was not in
salvageable condition.   This one will never run again. :-(

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001:

///