Speedvision (little spitfire content)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedvision (little spitfire content)
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 13:50:33 -0700 (PDT)
I was just doing some work (emailing reports) and had
Speedvision on in the background, when I glanced over
and thought I saw a 'one-off' Leman's Spitfire for a
'spit' second. It was green car (no fastback. Looked
like a MK1 or 2 with a hardtop) with the yellow
"mouth" on the hood tappering to a line back toward
the windshield. I stared intently at the screen and
thought I saw it a second time. I also cought a glimps
of someone's yellow SCCA spitfire racing against what
looked like a mini and an MGB and some square
front-ended (MGTDs? Morgans?) cars.

The show was "CLASSICS: Watkins Glen 50", and they
were talking mainly about the history of "the Glen"
and hit upon certain cars and drivers in attendance at
a historic race. I evidently tuned in late so I'm not
sure if they even mentioned the spitfire or any
triumph for that matter. But it was neat seeing a
couple of (what appeared to be) spitfires.

I looked-up the schedule and the show is scheduled
again Friday May 5th at 8:30 AM EST, and is only a
half hour show/episode. No real Spitfire content that
I know of, but it was nice to see the cars racing and
atleast one guy talking about his "super tuned 108hp
MGTD" (it supposedly had dynoed at 58 hp when he got
it). Feel the power!

-Terry
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

///