Re: exhaust manifolds and list archives

To: <jgruber@demainsoft.com>
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:30:57 -0500
Bolting up to the head is no problem.

Might have a little problem with interference of the carburetor, but I doubt
it.  A file solves any of these problems.

But you do have problems fitting up to the exhaust pipe I believe.  The 77
(California or Federal) exhaust had a catalytic converter.  The 75 (non
California) did not.  The mating gasket is different, and you would need the
front of your exhaust modified to fit up to the 75.  You could keep the
catalytic converter, but it would involve a fair bit of work.

If the 75 is a California type, then it's identical and a direct bolt in
replacement.

All this is based on my looking at the  Vicky Brit catalog and comparing parts
numbers.  I have no first hand experience with this one.

>>> Jeff Gruber <jgruber@demainsoft.com> 03/27 8:49 AM >>>

I wonder if a 75 manifold will fit a 77.

My spit was originally sold in california.

Does anyone have any opinions on the advisability of putting a 75 on a 77?