Re: Dual line brakes

To: "Ray Bryant" <photoray@flash.net>, "Spitfire"
Subject: Re: Dual line brakes
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:52:27 -0500
Follow the two pipes from your master cyl. You'll
see they run into a little block, then on to the wheels.
That little block has a shuttle inside. Under hard braking
if one side fails (one line has high press. the other not)
the little shuttle will shift to one side, sealing off that
defective circuit. These also incorporate a switch
for an idiot light to know its been thrown off center.
This little block can also be one of the problems
people have with brake systems.... not knowing
its purpose. It is possible while bleeding brakes
to have this shuttle move sealing off one of the ckts.
leaving them wondering why they can't get good braking
action or... while bleeding, why no fluid will come out.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com