An auction question (was: Re: e-bay)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: An auction question (was: Re: e-bay)
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:36:00 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, flinters wrote:

> Of course this is all a good reason to bid on Jeff McNeal's Totally
> Triumph Auction, right?  :)

Which brings up another interesting question.

I have found in a local junkyard a 1500. A quick look (it was
in the snow) makes me estimate it is 76-77 (when did they start
with the ugly rubber bumbers??  This is just prior to that.)  I
am interested in some of it, particularly that bumper as I hate
the rubber ones. (is re-chroming worth the effort??)  Now the question.

Not knowing what he will want for the parts, but hopefully,
not a lot, is it likely that there are people here who would
be interested in any of these parts??  This is a U-Pull-It
joint and you have to pay to get in even before you pay for
the parts themselves.  If it were likely that parts could be
sold to recover my costs and time, I would be pretty much
willing to strip the beast.  I know the rearend and rear
suspension are all still there.  the front suspensions looks
to be intact.  the tranny is gone and I couldn't get at the
hood to see if the engine is still there.

If there is a likely market, I would gladly grab all I can
and put it on the TTA to try and attract some interest in his
site.

As a side note, I have never used an auction, online or off, as
a seller or a bidder.  So, this could be a real fiasco.  But, if
I can be fairly sure I won't get stuck with a lot of parts that
I could probably use as spares, but have nowhere to store, I will
do this as soon as the ground thaws and the mud dries up a little.

Any interest??

bill
PS.  Any small profit I might make from this will be going to a
very noble cause.  My '79 Spit 1500!!  :-)

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |