RE: su waxjets

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: RE: su waxjets
From: "Huw Upshall" <hupshall@triumphcars.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 21:22:20 -0800
Waxstat jets adjust the mixture of the gas automatically as the engine heats
up.  The problem arises when the jet is older and worn.  You can then start
getting a lean mixture at operating temp and can be even worse on hot days.

I'm not an expert but I figure you should do at least the following to
HS4's:

Bush the throttle shaft
Replace the butterfly to get rid of the idle bypass valve (can suck to tune
if spring is weak)
Change jets to standard from waxstat.

Anyhow, this is only my opinion and I'm sure there are countless people out
there who are happy with the waxstat jets.