Re: Re: M is for...

To: Tburke4@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: M is for...
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 0:06:07 -0700
> HI Laura,
>
> Owing to my lack of Italian language skills (beyond the usual menu items), I
> am still puzzled. The most recent British Car magazine has an article about
> Michelotti (and a terrific story about the Team Scrappy TR3) and it claims
> that the Michelotti firm went under in 1991, though the website suggests they
> are very much in business. Is there any explanation in those Italian pages?

No, there's not really any explanation. The Michelotti.com site is more of a
historical site while the Michelottidesign.it is the actual business site. On
neither one do they talk about going under and coming back. Though on the
Michelotti.com site, Edgardo Michelotti writes about the register of cars and
how long they've been working on it, their hopes for how it can serve in the
future. (The membership fee is 500,000 lira-about $225! But the renewal is only
about $45!) The links include not only the Registro Italiano Triumph Spitfire,
but also the TR Register in the U.K. Maybe someone should submit the url for
the Spitfire Database?

Also, I noticed on the Italian Spitfire site, it's very intersting because they
have a page where they have listed for the earlier models, how many were
registered/licensed each month. For the 1500, they were unable to list the
number for each month, but the totals for each year. I found it interesting
that in my old province of Lazio, there are now registered in the club, 65
Spitfires! Forza Italia! Forza Lazio!

Yes, the story of Team Scrappy was great! Steve and Janet Hedke are members of
Triumph club I belong to-really nice people! (The whole family.) He runs a
Rover parts place in Burbank. When Scrappy was ready, he and Janet brought
'him' to the last meeting before the Great Race-all fresh, and 'new'! Steve was
very quick to point out to me that Scrappy is painted in Spitfire colours to
match the Le Mens spit! ("SPITFIRES RULE!!!") And when they got back from their
wonderful adventure, they did a really nice presentation. They'll be in the
Great Race 2001. (They didn't make Triumphest this year, because it was the
same weekend as a Great Race rally.) If anyone is in Southern California next
summer, the race will be ending here-so we'll all be out to cheer them on!

GO TEAM SCRAPPY!!!!

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!