Spitfires in the movies

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfires in the movies
From: Terry Thompson <epharisto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:41:17 -0800 (PST)
While we're on the subject of our cameo-cars. There's
a small list of movies by the model that appeared and
in some cases a description of scene the car was in,
at the www.team.net/www/triumph/ web page.

"Up in Smoke", "Police Academy", "Young Lovers" and
"Ssssss (aka Ssssnake)" (?)

I noticed (as I'm sure most of you have) that they
failed to list that '86 cult classic The Wraith. The
cook for the burger joint drove a yellow spitfire. I
seem to remember it having a shelby style stripe, and
side window air deflectors.

And I don't expect anyone to fess-up to it owning the
movie, or even having seen it, but...Did I catch a
glimpse of a spitfire at the very end of PeeWee's Big
Adventure? At the end of the movie, he's walking
through the drive-in parking lot, and I could have
sworn I saw him walk buy a bug-eyed car of some sort.
I was flipping the channels, and by the time I flipped
back it was gone, so it was probably on screen for a
split(fire) second.

If anyone knows what that car was, or if they have the
movie, can you fast forward to the end and let me
know? I don't want to have to rent it.

Any other movies that come to mind w/ spitfires?
-Terry