Re: Rubber glue suggestion

To: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Rubber glue suggestion
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:39:03 +0000
Try Cyanoacrylate (super glue), Works quickly and well on rubber!
Cheers
Tim
"alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" wrote:

> Since we're on the rubber seals subject I thought that I would see works the
>best.
>
> I have new seals for the hard top for around the door window glass, but it's
>all one piece and needs cut and mitre joints done for the corners. I tried the
>contact cement I have but it was useless. Anyone used anything that really
>glues rubber seals? Since the contact shape is like two thin "V" shapes with
>heavy rubber hanging a really fast drying adhesive is needed. Almost needs
>some form of rubber melting/dissolving. Looks like this is how the originals
>were done.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Alan

> This message has been posted from Mail2Web http://www.mail2web.com/
> Web Hosting for $9.95 per month! Visit: http://www.yourhosting.com/

Tim Dafforn
University of Cambridge
Structural Medicine Unit
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
Wellcome Trust Centre for Molecular Mechanisms of Disease
Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 2XY.
UK
Tel. (01223) 336829
Fax. (01223) 336827