Re: Making an ignition box

To: npenney@erols.com, flinters@picarefy.com
Subject: Re: Making an ignition box
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 07:52:41 -0500
Thanks y'all, especially you flinters.  With that, I can properly fix my
lucas magic box.

I've got it working again, but the rust on the steel tangs of the ignition
module itself, as well as the copious quantities of aluminum rust cause
me continuous running problems.  I know I could simply replace
the whole shooting match, but I don't want to.  Particularly if it
really is a GM HEI type system.  In that case, there is no better
replacement to be had.  It also apeals to the tinker in me to
cob up my own ignition.  All living in the oem box on the fire
wall.

Thanks again you all, and I'll keep you posted as to what I
find and how it goes.

The Lucas electronic ignition uses a AC/Delco-Remy ignition or control
module.  This is a very commonplace module used in pretty much all GM
vehicles from 1975 to 1982.  It saw service in later vehicles too as well,
but it's definately the module of choice for HEI or High Energy Ignition
systems.