Heater control valve

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater control valve
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:53:59 -0700
I tried to reply (Ptegler) but got a returned mail service unavailable so I
bombed the list - sorry

>Somewhere in the 70's, they reversed the controls on the dash
>as well as the 'side'  the cable entered the control valve.
Yes and therein lies the problem.  I no longer have the original controls
and simply use a "choke" type cable to operate the heater.  That's why I
need to have the valve that operates as previously mentioned :-)  I don't
want to have the cable on the dash out all the time except when I use the
heater which is fairly rare -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)