Seat recliner lever

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat recliner lever
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:32:49 +0100 (BST)
I am in the process of recovering my seats, but for some reason I cannot
remove the seat recliner lever.  I have removed the screw from the lever
centre, but the lever won't budge!  How is it attached?  Should it just
come straight off, and has probably rusted on?  If this is the case any
tips for getting it off?

BTW Managed to scare myself this weekend when setting the spark plug
gaps, put the HT leads back in the wrong order, and couldn't get the car
to run!  I was fiddling around with the plugs for ages, and I thought I
had totally broken the engine, until I thought about checking the firing
order.  That's one not to repeat anyway.  It's amazing how such
oversights seems so stupid in retrospect!

cheers
John