Re: Solenoid OK but Ignition switch collapsed

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solenoid OK but Ignition switch collapsed
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 20:30:06 -0600
Hi T.R.
    The shear bolts are EASY to drill out.  You have to stand on your head
under the dash, but, really they are soft metal, and once drilled come out
very easy with an EasyOut or similar tool.
    On replacing mine, I switched to cap head socket screws.  Sure some
street thief can undo them and disable the steering lock, but do you really
think.....

Cheers, Fred

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,