Removing 1500 manifolds

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing 1500 manifolds
From: Claudia Lied <cglied@whro.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:35:44 -0400
Thanks to all who responded.  I stand duly chastised for blaming a DPO,
only the various catalogs do not show those nuts.  I got the manifold off.
It was so badly cracked I used a chisel and grinder to remove the lower
half so I could get clearance to apply leverage to the offset box end
wrench I was finally able to get on the nut.  We theorized a clogged
catalytic convertor caused the crack, and nearly welded those nuts on the
studs.  There was no way I could break them loose with an open end wrench.
Anyway, It's off, am anxiously awaiting the new manifold to arrive from
TRF.  Thanks again, Gary