Timing gauge

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing gauge
From: "Stephen Hall" <shall@fastpointcom.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 22:57:52 -0400
While we're on the subject of timing: it appears that my car never
came with the "classical" timing gauge. You know the one that has the
notches indicating degrees before and after TDC? The only thing that
is above the timing crankshaft pulley is a kind of "v"-type tab that
comes out from the timing cover. I'm assuming that the point of this
"v" thingie is TDC. It's kind of hard to eyeball how many degrees
you're at from the point. I'm assuming I'm supposed to have more than
this? If so, does anyone have an extra notched timing gauge laying
around? The engine is out of a 69 Spitfire Mk 3.

Thanks again!

Steve