Tonneau Cover

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Tonneau Cover
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:41:37 +0100

Morning Listers!

Well, last night my tonneau cover from Prestige Autotrim arrived.  I promised
the list a report, so here it is:

I ordered the cover in "cabriolet vinyl" - the best quality material which is
available in tan (none of the fabrics are available in tan).  I expected the
material to be very high quality, and it was.  It was fairly heavy, looked
well-made, and had some reasonable looking lining on the inside.  The colour was
pretty much what I expected, i.e. about the same colour I imagine my hood
probably was when it was brand new.

I took it out to the car to put it on and see what it looks like.  That was when
I found out that it didn't fit.  Not just that it was a bad fit - it actually
didn't fit at all.  The front of the cover would not reach around the A-posts to
the snap on the front of the door.  And the front of the raised part for the
steering wheel was arond 4 inches further back than my steering wheel.  The
rear-most snap on the passenger door was too tight to be done up.

So, to sum up my first dealings with Prestige Autotrim: the people on the phone
were polite, but not particularly friendly.  Delivery took just over two weeks -
that's forever for an inland delivery in the UK (I believe the reason it took so
long was because each item is made to order, although I was not told that by the
phone operator) but I'm not complaining about the delivery time, because when I
placed the order I was told 14-17 days, and that's exactly what it took (16
days).  The quality of the item, though, is not acceptable.  It is not just poor
- it is actually unusable.

I will be calling Prestige today to see how they propose to rectify the
situation.  I'll keep the list posted....

Dean